As you can see in the video above during a rapid test you can expect the following:
- Your finger will be cleaned with an alcohol swab to ensure the finger tip is clean
- Your finger will be pricked with a sterile, one use only lancet. This is then thrown away and never used again
- A large drop of blood is collected using a special tube
- The blood is then placed onto the test strip and a drop of developing solution is added.
- At this point the test takes 20 minutes to develop. You will be able to wait in the waiting room or grab a quick coffee while you wait.
- When the test is developed you will be invited in and the result is explained to you with the doctor.
- If any further testing is needed your doctor will be able to organise this.
To book an appointment simply call:1800 138 156 and request an appointment with Dr George Forgan-Smith for a rapid test.