Collins Street Medical Centre is proud to introduce rapid HIV testing as part of their comprehensive medical services.
Lead by Dr George Forgan-Smith, you can now have a HIV antibody test and result in under 30 minutes. You will no longer have to wait for days to receive results.
Each test is performed by a medical professional, either Dr George or a doctor trained by him. All your questions about HIV and sexual health can be answered as well as comprehensive testing organised should it be advised.
The test used is the TGA approved Alere Determine™ HIV – 1/2 Ag/Ab Combo test. This is a highly accurate test and fully approved for use in Australia for rapid point of care HIV testing.
To book for a rapid test, simply phone (03) 9654 6088 and book with Dr Forgan-Smith for a “Rapid Test Appointment”
Frequently asked questions: Rapid HIV Testing
- What is involved in a rapid HIV test?
- How do I book an appointment?
- How accurate is the rapid HIV test?
- How soon can HIV infection be detected after exposure?
- How much will the test cost?
- Is the test confidential? Can I get an anonymous test?
- Do I need a medicare card to access the service?
- Do you recommend any other tests at the same time?
Frequently asked questions: HIV
- Can I get HIV from oral sex?
- How is HIV transmitted?
- Can I get HIV from sport?
- Can I get HIV from sharing a towel?
- How early do the symptoms of HIV infection show?
- How early can HIV antibodies be detected?
- What is P24 and will the test be checking for it?
- Can you get HIV from kissing?
- My flatmate has HIV, can I catch it from them?
- Can you get HIV from precum?